Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 03-05-2024, 11:31
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi View Post
Haha, yes I would like to think so too. Funny that in spite of that the record company still went with Nixon. Maybe they had hopes of a much longer campaign. Nixon first, then Empty Souls, A song for departure, 1985 and Glasnost to really drag it out. It wouldnt have sounded particularly our of place on the radio in 04-05 really.

It's the same record company that chose There By The Grace of of God over 4'ever Delayed...

This instrumental cut of FD really highlight how interesting the sonic landscapes were for this period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYGo...nnel=Betheriel

Stand back, I have political powers!

Last edited by Routine Builder; 03-05-2024 at 11:40.
Old 03-05-2024, 12:03
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
It's the same record company that chose There By The Grace of of God over 4'ever Delayed...

This instrumental cut of FD really highlight how interesting the sonic landscapes were for this period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYGo...nnel=Betheriel
That's a great listen. But the reality is that FD is a terrible lyric. As is There by the Grace of God as well.
Old 06-05-2024, 09:52
I am purity, they call me perverted

That Greg Haver interview is fascinating. And it's really nice to have a positive quote from James via him which makes it feel much more authentic and less like James just promoting the album. Lifeblood getting its dues really is a wonderful thing.
Old 08-05-2024, 16:27
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
One unusual thing about Lifeblood was that all the vocals were done with a hand mic.
I hadn't even thought of that before, but it makes sense on so much of the album.

[QUOTE]On the other hand, the circumstances of recording "Glasnost" were awful. We had just had a really bad evening in discussion with the label, and it was like a dark evening while we were recording in Ireland. James' way to get out of that sort of mood was to record something. He had that riff and said, "Let's record something!"[QUOTE]

Yeah - definite belligerent feeling one way or another as I was saying.

That's a fantastic interview. I met Greg years back in 1999 and he seemed like a lovely bloke, the type who'd happily talk to fans.
Old 09-05-2024, 12:09
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Very interesting especially reading about some individual songs and how/when they were recorded.
Old 13-05-2024, 21:04
I am purity, they call me perverted

UK people, where’s the cheapest places to buy the 2xLP red version, and the 3-CD edition at this point? The including postage inside the UK.

The official store fucked up my order. Twice. Or, the courier did I guess, it’s been delivered but not the address it was ordered to.

So, if someone has an XL(or L) white tee they’re willing to part with I’m interested.